▪ To effectively manage the business teams within your area of implementation or change implementing on time and within budget. This will include, but not exclusively, effective communications daily ensuring a high level of team understanding and performance, planning which includes areas such as account management, recruitment, work/project schedules, daily operational management, finance, expenditure with the company authority levels and procedures.
▪ All programs are delivered in culture of continual improvement delivering the most cost-efficient programs delivering growth, key performance indicators (KPIs) to both customer.
Build the Team
▪ Give and receive training where necessary to ensure all duties can be completed with sufficient “bench strength” to ensure there is no over reliance on any individual.
▪ Lead the recruitment of the permanent operational management and driver teams.
Deliver Customer Requirements
▪ Deliver as a minimum the committed customer plan, driving to exceed where possible, therefore driving growth. Grow at least four new customer sites per annum with annualise revenues over £4m and profitability to budget levels.
▪ Adhere to all processes fully including invoicing, performance reporting and contractual customer service. • Following in country legislation, customer compliance requests, internal policies and internal processes. • Ensure expenditure is within company policy for all internal stakeholders.
▪ Lead both direct and indirect team members through effective 1-2-1 reviews and providing regular feedback to other line managers.
Key skills (Interpersonal):
▪ Excellent leadership and influencing skills.
▪ Exceptional communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly both written and verbally.
▪ Accurate and thorough with a good eye for detail.
▪ Able to analyse data, spot trends, draw conclusions and make recommendations to customers and the business.
▪ High level presentation skills.
▪ Able to tailor the communication style and format to the stakeholder.
▪ Able to question or challenge things if they don’t appear to be correct.
▪ Flexible and adaptable with the ability to carry out a range of different roles at the same time.
Key skills (Technical):
▪ Proven track record in new business implementation- especially at senior level.
▪ Good MS Office skills (Word / Excel / PowerPoint).
▪ Knowledge of project management tools and techniques, i.e. Prince 2.
▪ Second European language.
Experience in an operations or project management role is a must, with good knowledge of Last Mile transport desirable. Typically, we would expect a minimum of 5 years’ experience within this specific sector to acquire the skillset needed to be successful in this role.
Qualifications (General qualifications & Professional):
▪ At least 5 GCSE / ‘O’ Levels to include English & Maths.
▪ Degree educated.
▪ Completion of several management courses and programs.
Miscellaneous (e.g. shift work, requirement to drive, travel etc):
▪ Flexibility to organise own and key stakeholder workloads to minimise travel times and costs.
▪ Clean Driving Licence.
▪ Willingness to travel within Europe – no more than 15%.
For further information on pay structures and details on the role, click on Apply Now for a call back.
Can you provide proof of your eligibility to work in the UK at interview?
|If applicable to the role, NGC will conduct a screening process including bank verifications, a Drugs & Alcohol test, Disclosure and Barring Service checks and DVLA requests. Do you agree to this?|
|Do you have any unspent convictions under the rehabilitation of offenders act?|
|Do you communicate clearly in English?|
Unfortunately you are not suitable for this position.Next
We now have your information and will contact you shortly. If all goes well, you will progress through the following steps: