Reports to: Regional Client Services Manager.
Key NGC Relationship: Self Employed Contract Drivers, Operational Teams, Operations Director, RCSMs, Other CSMs, Finance, HR and Support functions.
Key Customer Relationships: Delivery Service Provider Managers (DSP Managers), Delivery Station Managers (DSMs), Operations Managers, Shift Managers, Procurement Managers, Finance and Support functions.
Organisation Chart You will report to the Regional Client Services Manager with whom you will engage for regular performance meetings. There are no direct reports, however, you will manage self-employed contract drivers providing services on a daily basis 365 days per year.
Since the beginning of our journey, NGC has based our company on excellent customer service, healthy business to business relationships, hard work ethic and a constant thirst for growth. Adding other traits such as adapting to change and taking advantage of growth opportunities which have developed into the NGC culture. The individuals that fulfil company roles and departments drive the business. Currently, our primary motto is “Beyond Logistics” and secondarily “Whatever it Takes”.
NGC is a family owned business from a working-class background and so we can identify with our local youth that strives to grow into corporate positions and diversify. We aim to focus a large portion of our efforts to community regeneration in terms of job creation and donations to local charity organisations. We aim to take this culture forward in future, refine it to suit our progress and use it to match the right individuals during the recruitment process to advance our vision.
NGC’s vision is to become the leading provider worldwide to our customers and our aims are to:
▪ Develop a talented and engaged technology enabled workforce
▪ Create the platform that will enable our growth
▪ Deliver our growth and profit targets
▪ Provide the best solutions to our customers
As a valued member of the NGC team, your role is to help NGC to achieve its vision and reach its goals by actively playing your part in everything you do every day. You will be delivering exceptional operational and financial results to a diverse portfolio of clients. This will generate constant growth and customer service progression through the correct management of company resources, building empowered and accountable teams with individual and collective accountabilities.
To effectively manage the resources within the area. This will include, but not exclusively, effectively communicating daily with customer contacts and contract drivers, understanding performance, planning which includes areas such as recruitment and driver schedules, working schedules, daily operational execution, finance; invoicing, performance reporting, fixed and variable expenditure with the necessary checks and controls alongside support functions. All activities are to be delivered in culture of continual improvement delivering the most cost efficient operations and having regard to operating financial policies, customer contracts and delivering key performing indicators (KPIs) to both customer contract and internal KPIs.
You will maintain good customer, contract driver and public relations in respect of all operations provided and to maintain a close working relationship with colleagues to ensure that operations fully meet the Company’s contractual obligations, revenue and profit targets.
▪ Meet all agreed performance and business targets through the management of resources within your area of responsibility.
▪ Delight our client by being the best provider of services within your site.
▪ Continually develop and maintain positive working relationships with customer contacts, at all levels, by communicating clearly, demonstrating value and ensuring that NGC are the DSP of choice to enable business growth.
▪ Bring daily perspective and focus on objectives, encourage contract drivers to deliver high levels of services daily. Proactively monitor and evaluate actual service performance against agreed targets, setting action plans to continually improve performance.
▪ Coach, influence and motivate all contract drivers to ensure performance standards are maximised by setting stretching goals and targets. Ensuring contract drivers receive the appropriate feedback, training and guidance through periodic formal service reviews.
▪ Plan and maintain resources at a sufficient level to meet customer demand through high quality recruitment with low level attrition of contract drivers.
▪ At the agreed frequency conduct audits on compliance of contract drivers.
▪ Ensure that performance information is processed, recorded accurately and forwarded to the appropriate recipients within specified timescales.
▪ Ensure that the activities comply with Company policies, procedures and agreements ensuring these are in accordance with statutory regulations and legislation.
▪ Complete appropriate documentation required by the Company or by outside authorities.
▪ Actively promote NGC Leadership Behaviours.
▪ Respect the confidential nature of information which may be made available to you for you to carry out your duties.
▪ Share best practice across the organisation, attend and contribute at periodic regional/UK meetings and reviews
▪ Comply with Competition Act legislation.
▪ Health and Safety – as a Manager within the organisation, take responsibility for ensuring that you are familiar with any health and safety risks and issues that are relevant to the work activities and areas for which you have responsibility and for ensuring compliance with legal requirements and Company Policy.
▪ Diversity – be an ambassador for Diversity, promote and implement the company’s Equal Opportunity Policy at all times.
▪ Corporate social responsibility – uphold, safeguard and promote the reputation and values of the organisation throughout all internal and external business relationships and activities.
This job description sets out the main duties and responsibilities of the job-holder. It does not constitute an exhaustive or comprehensive description of duties and the job holder will be required to carry out any additional tasks as and when requested to do so by their manager. Responsibilities and duties may also change considering future business needs and personal development.
▪ Brilliant communicator with strong people skills
▪ Hard worker and leads by example
▪ Strong leader addressing poor performance quickly to correct any defects whilst continually growing teams’ competencies through effective coaching.
▪ Strongly customer focused, identifying and adapting with changes within their business.
▪ Team player and resolve conflicts effectively
▪ Innovator (Creative and Resourceful)
▪ Believes in own capabilities and is comfortable making decisions in a fast-paced, evolving environment, backing one’s own judgement when required
▪ Optimistic, ambitious with a can-do attitude which cultivates positive attitude to change.
▪ Foresee any potential problems and is balanced problem solver
▪ Able to prioritise and proficiently manage time within a dynamic work flow
▪ Adjust management styles/initiative to suit challenges.
▪ Delivers results. Delivers customer demands, company objectives.
▪ Commercially aware and manages revenues and builds profit
▪ Operate on a global scale
▪ Grow to compete with current leading suppliers
▪ Diversify into storage, import & export and other logistical avenues
▪ Maintain revenue from existing clients
▪ Grow smaller clients by approx. 300% at minimum
▪ Consistently acquire new and lucrative contracts.
▪ Deliver Customer Requirements. Deliver, as a minimum, the committed 2018 forecast and exceeding where possible. This should also include delivering innovation to the customer and supporting all new customer led initiatives and projects.
▪ Build Customer Plans. Execute regional Customer Account Plans that maximise NGCs business with current and future customers.
▪ Growing a contract driver workforce. Ensure that the site has sufficient highly trained contract driver resources that meet and where appropriate exceed the plan. These contract drivers should be engaged in the correct manner which protects the self-employed model.
▪ Deliver the Plan. Contribute to and execute the plan which delivers growth and exceptional customer service.
▪ Adhere to all processes fully including current Legislation, Health and Safety, Security, Invoicing, debt /payments, performance reporting and contractual customer requirements.
▪ Deliver the Strategy. Contribute to and act upon a strategic plan in relation to achieving objectives within an agreed time frame
▪ Customer Focus. Establish excellent relations with all client’s stakeholders within the provided project band – maximising revenue and profit growth
▪ Optimum Performance. Firstly to the agreed minimum performance standard in Q1 2018 and embed a Continuous Improvement philosophy to deliver optimum performance consistently.
▪ Outperform all other competitors (DSPs), finding best practices and rolling out within your site.
▪ Develop a ‘Winning Team, maintaining engagement, producing high morale within the teams to constantly stretch themselves and others to achieve even better.
▪ Continuous Improvement. Refine all work processes to a superior standard of operation, gain new skills and add new processes to infrastructure quality
▪ Hold a track record of exceptional results in audits and transparency of operations.
▪ Meet yearly financial and operational goals.
A Client Service Manager is preferred to live within close range within the site as not to impose personal strain and reduce company costs. However, where the candidate is deemed suitable for the role and agrees to all travel requirements. The Client Service Manager is expected to meet the following criteria:
▪ Attend periodic meetings within the UK and potentially within the EU
▪ Attend meetings wherever they may occur in correlation to achieving objectives
Occasionally it may be deemed necessary to stay over at different locations to work on set objectives. In other instances, significant periods of travel may be involved with task completion. All travel and stayovers are expensed by the company and so must be justified and documented with progress in objectives.
These are set with line managers and form part of the formal performance reviews where targets and timescales are agreed. These KPIs will be reviewed with your line manager at formal 1-2-1 sessions.
‘Apply Now’ using the button above.
Can you provide proof of your eligibility to work in the UK at interview?
|If applicable to the role, NGC will conduct a screening process including bank verifications, a Drugs & Alcohol test, Disclosure and Barring Service checks and DVLA requests. Do you agree to this?|
|Do you have any unspent convictions under the rehabilitation of offenders act?|
|Do you communicate clearly in English?|
Unfortunately you are not suitable for this position.Next
We now have your information and will contact you shortly. If all goes well, you will progress through the following steps: